Cyber Security Awareness
Instructor-led training course
Please contact us if you have any questions.
This three-day course provides an overview of cyber security threats along with the fundamentals of a strong cyber security program. It is designed for both non-technical and technical learners who want to understand how threat actors see their targets, and it shares methods to help mitigate risks.
Learners will be introduced to foundational elements of cyber security programs, including security governance to establish a security framework, and ways to align the security program with business objectives. Security risk management, measurement and communications will also be covered. Security architecture topics will address common security practices and tools used to monitor and protect mature organizations. Cyber defense topics such as building an incident response plan will also be discussed, alongside examples of incident response methodologies.
After completing this course, learners should be able to:
- Have enhanced awareness of today’s threat landscape
- Understand common attacker methodologies
- Understand how an attacker enters, persists, and exfiltrates data from an organization via the attack lifecycle
- Establish governance that will provide guidance and oversight to the cyber security program
- Write an effective cyber security mission statement, vision statement, and strategic plan
- Understand how a cyber security risk program enables the business to make informed, risked-based decisions
- Define the basic security architecture necessary to protect any organization
- Understand the most common technologies used by modern cyber security programs
- Understand the foundational components of a strong cyber security program
Who should attend
Managers, technical staff, and non-technical staff in cyber security roles, or other roles supporting cyber security functions.
A working understanding of basic information security principles is a plus, but not required.
In-classroom or virtual instructor-led training
- 2 days (in-person delivery)
- 3 days (virtual delivery)