FIN10: Anatomy of a Cyber Extortion Operation
Starting as early as 2013, a cyber attacker that FireEye dubbed FIN10 compromised the networks of several North American casinos and mining operations, then threatened to publish sensitive data unless victims paid exorbitant ransoms.
Download FIN10: Anatomy of a Cyber Extortion Operation to read exactly how FIN10 executes its operations. You’ll learn:
- What FIN10 activities and tactics, techniques and procedures (TTPs) occurred at each stage of the targeted attack lifecycle
- How FIN10 relies on publicly available malware to gain a foothold into victims’ networks
- Which spear-phishing techniques FIN10 uses in its initial attacks, as well as its use of LinkedIn and other social media sources
- How FIN10 accesses and disrupts systems within its victims’ environments
- Why FIN10 may have targeted additional victims — and is motivated by more than financial gain.
This report can help you prevent and deal with disruptive attacks by detailing what FireEye has learned from investigating FIN10 and other disruptive breaches.