Essentials of Malware Analysis
OCTOBER 12–15, 2021 (AMERICAS / EMEA EVENING)
This course provides a beginner-level introduction to the tools and methodologies used to perform malware analysis on executables found in Windows systems using a practical, hands-on approach.
If you have any additional questions, send us an email. Thank you.
The course introduces learners to disassembly, preparing them for topics covered in more advanced courses. This content is taught by FLARE malware analysts who are experienced in analyzing a diverse set of malware.
- LOCATION: Online
- START DATE: August 23, 2021
- END DATE: August 26, 2021
- TIME: 8:00am–12:30pm Pacific Daylight Time, daily
- UTC 15:00–19:30
- 11:00am–3:30pm EDT
- 12:00pm-4:30pm BRT (São Paulo)
- 4:00pm-8:30pm BST (London)
- 7:00pm–11:30pm GST (Dubai)
- 11:00pm–3:30am SGT (Singapore)
- COST: US$3,000 or 3 EOD units
Expertise On Demand (EOD) units will be accepted
After completing this course, learners should be able to:
- Quickly perform a malware autopsy using a variety of techniques and tools without running the malware
- Analyze running malware by observing file system changes, function calls, network communications and other indicators
- Review the basics and build a foundation of the x86 assembly language
- Recognize code constructs in the disassembly
- Use IDA Pro, the main tool for disassembly analysis
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS COURSE
Information technology staff, information security staff, corporate investigators and others who need to understand how malware functions operate and the processes involved in malware analysis.
General knowledge of computer and operating system fundamentals. Exposure to computer programming fundamentals and Windows Internals experience (recommended).
Students are required to bring their own laptop that meets the following specs:
- VMware Workstation 10+ or VMware Fusion 7+
- 30 GB of free HDD space
Students will receive a lab book and access to all required class materials and tools.
Additional Education Services
Mandiant offers numerous training services, including teacher-led and web-based training. The full catalog is available on Mandiant Academy.