Accelerated Live Response
Redline, Mandiant’s premier free tool, provides host investigative capabilities to users to find signs of malicious activity through memory and file analysis, and the development of a threat assessment profile. With Redline, users can:
- Thoroughly audit and collect all running processes and drivers from memory, file system metadata, registry data, event logs, network information, services, tasks, and web history.
- Analyze and view imported audit data, including narrowing and filtering results around a given timeframe using Redline’s Timeline functionality with the TimeWrinkle™ and TimeCrunch™ features.
- Streamline memory analysis with a proven workflow for analyzing malware based on relative priority.
- Identify processes more likely worth investigating based on the Redline Malware Risk Index (MRI) score.
- Perform Indicator of Compromise (IOC) analysis. Supplied with a set of IOCs, the Redline Portable Agent is automatically configured to gather the data required to perform the IOC analysis and an IOC hit result review.
In addition, users of FireEye’s Endpoint Threat Prevention Platform (HX) can open triage collections directly in Redline in order to perform in-depth analysis allowing the user to establish a timeline and the scope of an incident.
Want more information about Redline? Check out our M-Unition Blog.
Current Version: Redline 1.12
Release Date: June 9, 2014
Redline 1.12 includes multiple enhancements for usability. Redline now identifies and hides all duplicate items from your collected data in all views except for Timeline. Also, Redline Collectors will now automatically create analysis session files allowing you to open them directly rather than importing the analysis files. The Redline Collector now provides official support for gathering Windows 2012 and Windows 8 data.
Supported Operating Systems: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 (32-bit and 64-bit)
File Size: 66.2 MB
Release Notes: Redline 1.12 (PDF)
User Guide: Redline 1.12 (PDF)
Whitelist: Whitelist 1.0 for Redline (ZIP)
Current Version: Whitelist 1.0 for Redline
Release Date: July 11, 2012
File Size: 31.6 MB
A set of hashes from common (known good) executable files, used by Redline 1.6 (and newer) to filter out some of the memory analysis entries. Includes known good dlls and executable hashes from Microsoft Windows Server Update Service and National Software Reference Library.
The product includes a small subset of these hashes. In this file, a more extensive list is included.
To use, download the attached file to your favorite location, on the same host that Redline was installed on. Verify the MD5 /SHA1 hashes, to ensure you have the correct file. Start Redline. In the Options->Whitelist Management screen, there is an option to import a new whitelist. Following the procedure will completely replace the previous Whitelist in Redline. Note that when doing so, your old whitelist is lost. You may choose to save the old whitelist, again from Whitelist Management, under Redline Options.
Thank you for downloading Redline ®.
If you'd like to stay informed on all the latest releases and free software available from Mandiant, just fill out the form below.