Developing Your Ransomware Playbook: Best Practices and Legal Considerations | Webinar
Title: Developing Your Ransomware Playbook: Best Practices and Legal Considerations
Presenters: Erin Joe & Ali Arasteh, Mandiant; Imran Ahmad, Norton Rose Fulbright; Jason Kotler, CYPFER; Gregory Eskins, Marsh Specialty
Norton Rose Fulbright and Mandiant are pleased to invite you to a webinar discussion on ransomware attacks.
Throughout 2021, there was a significant increase in the of number of ransomware attacks across industries, with an estimated 1/3 of all organizations worldwide having experienced a ransomware attack or some form of a breach. Once opportunistic hackers have evolved into highly sophisticated cyber criminals, and their ransom demands have now reached several millions of dollars per incident, on average. Due to their complexity, these incidents result in significant financial, operational, reputational, and legal consequences.
Today, organizations are expected to be prepared for a ransomware attack. Join our panel of experts who will provide practical, Canada-focused takeaways that organizations from all industries can implement.
- Threat profile of a ransomware attack including prevention and recovery strategies
- Legal implications of a ransomware attack in Canada
- Insurance measures available to mitigate cyber risk
- Considerations and requirements for ransomware recovery negotiations
- Imran Ahmad, Partner, Canadian Head of Technology, Co-Head of Information Governance, Privacy and Cybersecurity, Norton Rose Fulbright
- Ali Arasteh, Managing Director, Mandiant
- Jason Kotler, Founder, President & CEO, CYPFER Corp.
- Gregory Eskins, Cyber Product Leader, Marsh Specialty, US & Canada