Introduction to Cyber Crime for Executives
Instructor-led training course
Please contact us if you have any questions.
Security breaches transform calm working environments into high-stress battle zones. Informed executives are better equipped to understand the threat and make corresponding decisions smartly and quickly.
This course is designed to educate senior leaders about cyber crime and incident response. Learners will review a scenario based on real-world intrusions by a sophisticated attacker, examining tactics and technologies from both the attacker’s and victim’s perspectives. This scenario illustrates the most common method that attackers use to establish a foothold and remain undetected in the victim’s network.
The course also covers the pros and cons of follow-up actions available to the victim and provide critical insight into the many issues investigators and victim organizations face when defending networks and responding to security breaches.
After completing this course, learners should be able to:
- Understand how attackers defeat defenses and compromise networks
- Explore the most common network defense posture assumed by victims
- Collect electronic evidence
- Understand how investigators analyze data and use findings to resolve incidents
- Grasp the challenges an organization faces after its computer security defenses are breached
Who should attend
Executives, security staff, corporate investigators or other staff who need a general understanding of network security and network operations.
In-classroom or virtual instructor-led training
- 1 day (in-person delivery)
- 1 day (virtual delivery)