Fundamentals of Industrial Control Systems (ICS) Security
Instructor-led training course
Please contact us if you have any questions.
This two-day course provides IT security professionals and ICS/ OT engineers interested in ICS/OT security with the fundamental knowledge and skills required to build and expand an ICS/OT security team.
Learners will become familiar with ICS/OT security concepts, secure architecture, threat models and ICS/OT security standards and best practices. The course will also discuss today’s security trends and the current threat landscape. Throughout the course, exercises and demonstrations inspired by actual cases and incidents in the ICS world will enable learners to advance their knowledge in their day jobs.
After completing this course, learners should be able to:
- Understand ICS/OT security history, today’s trends and threat landscape
- Discuss ICS/OT standards and best practices: NIST SP800-82, IEC62443, MITRE ATT&CK for ICS framework
- Describe the Purdue model of architecture, defense in depth, and secure ICS/OT network zoning and segmentation.
- Understand the elements of effective ICS/OT security monitoring and incident response programs
- See how a set of selected useful ICS/OT security tools could be used.
Who should attend
IT security professionals and ICS/OT engineers developing a ICS/OT security foundation.
Knowledge of ICS, DCS, SCADA, Modbus, OPC, IP address and IP packet.
In-classroom and virtual instructor-led training
2 days (in-person delivery)
3 days (virtual delivery)
What to bring
Recommended Windows 7 or higher to install Wireshark and NetworkMiner (free version). Students may use macOS if they can successfully install both Wireshark and NetworkMiner (free version). If not, we recommend installing Windows on a VM.